A story of friendship and love inspired by Gaby’s drink bottle

Monday, May 2, 2011

Chapter 7


‘Stop moving or I’ll slap yo’ ass,’ Shah snapped.
‘Well, maybe if you were a little gentler with the eyelash curler I wouldn’t have to,’ said Emma. It was the night of the party and Emma was at Shah’s getting ready. Shah was already dressed in a red revealing dress and ready to go. She was helping out with Emma’s makeup, and as always was a little aggressive in doing so.
‘Done. Now what are you going to wear?’
‘Er, this?’ said Emma, gesturing to her denim jeans and grey cardigan. Shah took a step back.
‘I mean what are you wearing to the party, not to sleep,’
‘I know.’
Shah sighing went to her massive closet and rummaged through it.
‘Here, put this on,’ she said and handed her a black dress. Emma undressed and slipped on the dress and zipped it up. She stood in front of the mirror and for a moment did not recognise the girl staring before her.
‘Shah, this is way too short!’
‘Dang girl, now that’s what I’m talking bout! It’s about time your legs made its debut don’t you think?’
‘But I still have this bandaid thing covering my stiches. It looks ridiculous!’
‘Girl, are you thick? Go get my knee high boots,’
‘There is no way I’m leaving this house with this on,’
‘That’s too bad, because you either go to Damon’s with me wearing that or,’ Shah grabbed Emma’s clothes that were lying on the bed, making sure they were out of reach. ‘You go naked.’
A car beeped from outside. Emma peered over the window. An old blue Ford was parked outside the house
‘Oh look there’s our ride,’ said Shah
‘I thought your mum was taking us there,’ said Emma. Shah grabbed her clutch and checked her makeup with the mirror.
‘That was before I met Carlos. I said move it girl!’
‘Who is Carlos? Oh Shah, not another high school drop out.’
‘Let’s go! Let’s go! Before mama realises I’m gone.’

No comments:

Post a Comment