A story of friendship and love inspired by Gaby’s drink bottle

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Chapter 13

‘What is the probability that I will use Mr Reynolds’ ugly ass tie to hang myself right now given that I’ve taken methods as a subject?’ complained Shah
‘Shah pay attention! This is some pretty tricky stuff,’
‘You know all that I’ve achieved today?’ She showed Emma the piece of loose-leaf paper she was working on, which was a bell shaped curve transformed into a detailed sketch of a phallus.
Emma dropped the paper as if it was infected with herpes. ‘Ewww, Shah!’
‘I’m sorry girls am I interrupting your chit chat?’ said Mr Reynolds in an annoyed tone.
‘No sir,’ they said in unison.
‘No, no do carry on. I’m sure your petty little lives is much more important than mathematics, which will take you so far in life. I’m sure boys and Brittany Spears and the pathetic rate of which your test scores have been plummeting is going well for you. Please do share it to the class.’
The two girls did not say a word. Emma sunk lower into her chair and her face was profusely heating up.
‘Well, I guess it didn’t work out for you Mr Reynolds,’ said Eric, who was sitting a row behind Emma.
‘Math I mean. All it did was take you here. Teaching math. At this school,’
The entire class ooo-ed. Mr Reynolds opened his mouth and then closed it. He then proceeded to teach the class probability as if the last thirty seconds never happened.
The bell that concluded the last period rang.
‘I am so freaking out of here before Eric’s alpha male freaky voodoo shit powers wear off on Reynolds and he decides to whoop my ass, ’ quivered Shah
‘Me too,’ agreed Emma. Just as she was saying those words her books and things had slid off the table and onto the floor. He books and papers her tin pencil case had burst open letting pencils, pens and rubbers fall out.
‘Sorry sister you’re on your own,’ said Shah and bolted.
Emma rolled her eyes and bent over to pick up her books. Eric walked over to help. By the time they were done, the class was empty. They were alone.

‘Hey um, thanks for saving my butt back there.’
‘No problem, Reynolds just needs to get a reality check from time to time,’ he shrugged and gave her a half smile.
‘Yeah well I’ve got to go. That English essay due tomorrow isn’t going to write itself. I mean gosh Romulus my Father, what a bore. See you around.’
Emma swivelled around to leave but a hand held onto her forearm preventing her from leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment